Coming Attractions - September 14, 2012
Sept. 14, 2012
Sept. 18 and 19 — 2010 SAISD Bond renovation community meetings
6 p.m. Dates and locations listed below
The public is invited to view the latest design plans for school renovations under SAISD Bond 2010. Members of the design team will present images showing the planned layout and designs. Meetings will be:
● Sept. 18 (Tues) – at Bonham Academy, 925 S. St. Mary’s St.
● Sept. 19 (Wed) – at Hawthorne Academy, 115 W. Josephine St.
Sept. 20 (Thurs) — ‘The School Day Just Got Healthier’ pep rally
10 a.m. at Woodlawn Elementary School, 1717 W. Magnolia Ave.
The Welcome Back to School pep rally will celebrate new U.S. Department of Agriculture requirements increasing the number of fruits or vegetables for students at every meal. The District’s ongoing efforts to provide students meals that are both nutritious and delicious will also be promoted. Among the speakers will be Audrey Rowe, administrator for the USDA’s Food and Nutrition Services; Eric Cooper, President and CEO of the San Antonio Food Bank; SAISD Trustee Olga Hernandez; Sally Cody, SAISD senior director for Food and Child Nutrition Services; and Gloria Hurtado, Director of Human Resources for the City of San Antonio.
Sept. 20 (Thurs) — SAISD superintendent search community input session
6 p.m. at Sam Houston High School, 4635 E. Houston St.
This second session for Sam Houston recently was added to provide District patrons and community members an additional opportunity to share their views on the qualities and characteristics they would like SAISD’s next leader to have and to learn more about the search process. An online survey is available at www.saisd.net.
--- SAISD ---
- July 11 20 - August 05 20 | 07:30 AM Summer recreation
- August 01 20 - August 03 20 | 08:30 AM YWLA summer camps
- August 01 20 - August 01 20 | 05:30 PM Special School Board meeting
- August 02 20 - August 04 20 | 08:00 AM Registration for 2016-17 school year
- August 03 20 - August 03 20 | 05:45 PM Citywide 2016 Fit Family Challenge