Coming Attractions - September 21, 2012
September 21, 2012
Sept. 24-27 — Free family fitness
Starting at 5 p.m. at the SAISD schools listed below.
The popular Zumba dance fitness program is being offered to the community weekly through December at eight District campuses. The free classes are in partnership with Health Collaborative, a local network of citizens, community organizations and businesses. Upcoming sessions will be:
● Sept. 24 (Mon) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● Sept. 24 (Mon) – at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César Chávez Blvd.
● Sept. 25 (Tues) – at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive
● Sept. 25 (Tues) – at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
● Sept. 25 (Tues) – at Highlands High School, 3118 Elgin Ave.
● Sept. 26 (Wed) – at Sam Houston High School, 4635 E. Houston St.
● Sept. 26 (Wed) – at Rogers Elementary School (for the Edison High School community), 620 McIlvaine St.
● Sept. 27 (Thurs) – at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
Sept. 24 (Mon) — School Board meeting
5:30 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
Sept. 25 (Tues) — SAISD Bond 2010 kicks off construction phase – NEW DATE
10:30 a.m. at the Cameron Elementary School site, 3635 Belgium Lane
Hosting the ceremony celebrating a major milestone for SAISD Bond 2010 will be this East Side campus, the first of 22 schools to enter the construction phase for major renovations. Demolition there already is under way in preparation of a new two-story addition, which will increase square footage by more than 60 percent and transform Cameron into a modernized school. Funding for these and other improvements throughout SAISD is provided by the $515 million bond program approved by voters in November 2010.
Sept. 25 (Tues) — SAISD Council of PTAs general meeting
6:30 p.m. at Maverick Elementary School, 107 Raleigh St
The public is invited to meetings of PTA chapter representatives Districtwide.
Sept. 25 and 26 — 2010 SAISD Bond renovation community meetings
6 p.m. Dates and locations are listed below.
The public is invited to learn about proposed renovations according to the next design phase for SAISD Bond 2010. Members of the design team also will present images showing the planned layout and design of the new buildings. Meetings will be:
● Sept. 25 (Tues) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● Sept. 26 (Wed) – at Riverside Park Elementary School, 202 School St.
Sept. 28 (Fri) — Happy Health Fair 2012
3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Hawthorne Academy, 115 W. Josephine St .
This communitywide event combines safety, fitness, the fine arts and fun. Screenings for blood pressure, weight, diabetes and dental health will be available and participants also will be treated to healthy food tastings, music, poetry, painting, games and physical fitness activities made fun through Zumba dance and hula hoops. Event sponsors include Any Baby Can, Children’s Bereavement Center of South Texas, IAMA Coffee House Music Academy, Inspire Community Fine Art Center, San Antonio-Bexar County Metropolitan Planning Organization, San Antonio Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse, Slow Food South Texas and Wells Fargo.
--- SAISD ---
- May 30 20 - May 30 20 | 08:30 AM 5K Run Walk & Health Fair
- May 30 20 - May 30 20 | 09:00 AM Friends of Bonham second-annual “Shack It!” 1K...
- May 30 20 - May 30 20 | 10:45 AM SAISD Chess and Scrabble Invitational Tournament
- June 01 20 - June 01 20 | 01:30 PM San Antonio Sports Valero Go!Kids Challenge pep ra...
- June 01 20 - June 01 20 | 02:45 PM Water balloon toss