Ag in the City 2012 media advisory
Who: More than 600 4th-graders, Burbank High School agriculture students,
farm animals and more
What: Ag in the City
When: Nov. 15 (Thursday) – 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Where: Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
City slickers representing eight SAISD elementary schools will have the opportunity to experience life on the farm without having to leave San Antonio at this agricultural fair specially designed for their 4th-grade level. There to greet them will be a menagerie of farm life including ducks, chicks, sheep, steer, goats, pigs, horses and fish. Other exhibits include:
• “Seed to Salad in 22 days” (where students plant radish seeds),
• “Milk to Ice Cream” (where students make their own ice cream),
• “Slivery Snakes” (learning the various types of snakes)
• “Going Fishing” (taking part in a casting game)
• “Off to College…and Careers” (meet representatives from Texas A&M
University and Palo Alto College)
• “Milking Goats,” “The Power of Plants,” and much more.
The events will provide hands-on, real-world learning experiences that supplement what youngsters are learning in science class. Their tour guides will be Burbank agriculture students from this well-established magnet program.
--- SAISD ----