Coming Attractions Nov 30, 2012-2
Nov. 30, 2012
Dec. 2 (Sun) — SAISD to participate in Ronald McDonald ‘Color Me Rad’ 5K fundraiser
8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Freeman Coliseum, 3201 East Houston St.
Confirmed to lend their support to this worthy cause are members of the Edison High School Gamma Sigma Girls and their sponsor, while representatives from other District schools also have been invited. The Edison group has volunteered to be part of the color bomb squad which plasters runners with paint as they cross the finish line, where they also will join the flash mob dance. Proceeds for the fundraiser benefit the Ronald McDonald House, which provides a home-like environment for families with critically ill or injured children who must travel out of town for their healthcare.
Dec. 3-6 — Free family fitness
Starting at 5 p.m. at the SAISD schools listed below.
The popular Zumba dance fitness program is being offered to the community weekly through December at eight District campuses. The free classes are in partnership with Health Collaborative, a local network of citizens, community organizations and businesses. Upcoming sessions will be:
● Dec. 3 (Mon) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● Dec. 3 Mon) – at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César Chávez Blvd.
● Dec. 4 (Tues) – at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive
● Dec. 4 (Tues) – at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
● Dec. 4 (Tues) – at Highlands High School, 3118 Elgin Ave.
● Dec. 5 (Wed) – at Sam Houston High School, 4635 E. Houston St.
● Dec. 5 (Wed) – at Rogers Elementary School (for the Edison High School community), 620 McIlvaine St.
● Dec. 6 (Thurs) – at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
Dec. 5 (Wed) — SAISD 2010 Bond renovations update community meeting
6 p.m. at Brackenridge High School (in the cafeteria), 400 Eagleland Drive
The public is invited to learn about proposed renovations according to the next design phase for SAISD Bond 2010. Members of the design team also will present images showing the planned layout and design of the new buildings.
Dec. 6 (Thurs) — Third-Annual Holiday Dance Extravaganza
7:30 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
“An Evening of Dance” will showcase the talents of dance teams Districtwide.
Dec. 7 (Fri) — ‘Imagine There’s no Hunger’ pep rally
10 a.m. at the Knox Early Childhood Education Center, 302 Tipton St.
A pep rally will celebrate the giving of non-perishable food donations to the San Antonio Food Bank. Contributions are coming from students, staff and parents as part of a holiday food drive. The name of this event was inspired by the words of the late John Lennon as penned in the song “Imagine.”
Dec. 7 (Fri) — SAISD Council of PTAs Christmas Social
6:30 p.m. at Franklin Elementary School, 1915 W. Olmos Drive
The last regular monthly meeting of PTA chapter representatives for 2012 will feature holiday festivities.
To transform SAISD into a national model urban school district where every child graduates and is educated so that he or she is prepared to be a contributing member of the community.
Our primary purpose of improving lives through a quality education is driven by an unrelenting determination to graduate all of our students and prepare them for success in higher education. Our ideology is reflected in our fundamental beliefs, commitments and core values that guide us in our daily practices.
- Student Centered
- High Expectations
- Every student can learn and achieve at high levels.
- We are responsible for the education and safety of every student.
- We are responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the school system.
- Everyone should be treated with respect.
- People support what they help create.