Coming Attractions - January 11, 2013
January, 11, 2013
Jan. 14 (Mon) — School Board recognition reception and meeting
5 p.m. at the Fox Tech High School fine arts building, 637 N. Main Ave.
The contributions of SAISD’s hard-working Trustees will be honored during a reception celebrating Texas School Board Recognition Month. The regularly-scheduled monthly meeting will follow at 6 p.m.in the auditorium.
Jan. 14-17 — Free family fitness classes resume for 2013
5 to 6 p.m. at the SAISD schools listed below.
Just in time for the New Year, the popular Zumba dance fitness program returns this month with even more opportunities to help participants keep their New Year’s resolutions to get into shape. Classes are offered free to the community weekly at eight District campuses, and are in partnership with Health Collaborative, a local network of citizens, community organizations and businesses. Upcoming sessions will be:
● Jan. 14 (Mon) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● Jan. 14 (Mon) – at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César Chávez Blvd.
● Jan. 15 (Tues) – at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive
● Jan. 15 (Tues) – at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
● Jan. 15 (Tues) – at Highlands High School, 3118 Elgin Ave.
● Jan. 16 (Wed) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● Jan. 16 (Wed) – at Davis Middle School (for the Sam Houston High School community), 4702 E. Houston St.
● Jan. 16 (Wed) – at Rogers Elementary School (for the Edison High School community), 620 McIlvaine St.
● Jan. 17 (Thurs) – at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
● Jan. 17 (Thurs) – at Rogers Elementary School (for the Edison High School community), 620 McIlvaine St.
Jan. 17-19 — Production of ‘Once on This Island’
7 p.m. at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
Students will perform this one-act musical by Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty about a peasant girl on a tropical island who uses the power of love to bring together people of different social classes. Ticket price is $5 in advance and $7 at the door.
--- SAISD ---