May 2013 election information
Information regarding the May, 11, 2013 trustee election
Informational packets pertaining to the election for Board of Trustees scheduled Saturday, May 11, 2013, will be available starting Monday, Jan. 14, 2013, in the Governmental & Community Relations Department, located at the Gonzales Achievement Center, 518 E. Magnolia Ave.
The following documents will be included in the packet:
- Qualifications for Office
- Application for a place on the SAISD General Election Ballot*
- Campaign Finance Guide
- Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices
- Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report Form
- Important May 2013 Election dates
- 2013 Filing Schedule for Reports
Additional information is available on the following websites:
- Texas Ethics Commission http://www.ethics.state.tx.us/
- Secretary of State http://www.sos.state.tx.us/
The Bexar County Elections office is another resource that may be utilized and can be contacted at 210-335-VOTE.
Other helpful documents include:
Important Election Dates
To transform SAISD into a national model urban school district where every child graduates and is educated so that he or she is prepared to be a contributing member of the community.
Our primary purpose of improving lives through a quality education is driven by an unrelenting determination to graduate all of our students and prepare them for success in higher education. Our ideology is reflected in our fundamental beliefs, commitments and core values that guide us in our daily practices.
- Student Centered
- High Expectations
- Every student can learn and achieve at high levels.
- We are responsible for the education and safety of every student.
- We are responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the school system.
- Everyone should be treated with respect.
- People support what they help create.