Coming Attractions Feb. 1
Feb. 1, 2013
Feb. 2 (Sat) — SAISD students to perform in Western Heritage Parade & Cattle Drive
11 a.m. beginning at Houston and Santa Rosa Streets and ending at the Alamo
The Jefferson High School Lassos will show off their famous rope-twirling skills. Joining them in celebrating the Alamo city’s western heritage and the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo will be the school’s male dance troupe, the Wranglers.
Feb. 4-7 — Free family fitness classes resume for 2013
5 to 6 p.m. at the SAISD schools listed below.
The popular Zumba dance fitness program is being offered to the community weekly at eight District campuses. The free classes are in partnership with Health Collaborative, a local network of citizens, community organizations and businesses. Upcoming sessions will be:
● Feb. 4 (Mon) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● Feb. 4 (Mon) – at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César Chávez Blvd.
● Feb. 5 (Tues) – at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive
● Feb. 5 (Tues) – at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
● Feb. 5 (Tues) – at Highlands High School, 3118 Elgin Ave.
● Feb. 6 (Wed) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● Feb 6 (Wed) – at Davis Middle School (for the Sam Houston High School community), 4702 E. Houston St.
● Feb. 6 (Wed) – at Rogers Elementary School (for the Edison High School community), 620 McIlvaine St.
● Feb. 7 (Thurs) – at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
● Feb. 7 (Thurs) – at Rogers Elementary School (for the Edison High School community), 620 McIlvaine St.
Ongoing thru March 1 — School Board election informational packets available
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays at the Department of Governmental & Community Relations, 518 E. Magnolia Ave.
Qualified citizens interested in serving as an SAISD Trustee for District 1, 3, 4 and 7 may obtain informational packets including: qualifications for office; application for a place on the SAISD general election ballot; campaign finance guide; appointment of a campaign treasurer by a candidate; code of fair campaign practices; candidate/officeholder campaign finance report form; important May 2013 election dates; and 2013 filing schedule for reports. Deadline to file as a candidate is March 1, and Election Day is May 11. For more information visit www.saisd.net.
--- SAISD ---
To transform SAISD into a national model urban school district where every child graduates and is educated so that he or she is prepared to be a contributing member of the community.
Our primary purpose of improving lives through a quality education is driven by an unrelenting determination to graduate all of our students and prepare them for success in higher education. Our ideology is reflected in our fundamental beliefs, commitments and core values that guide us in our daily practices.
- Student Centered
- High Expectations
- Every student can learn and achieve at high levels.
- We are responsible for the education and safety of every student.
- We are responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the school system.
- Everyone should be treated with respect.
- People support what they help create.