Trustee- District 1
Mr. Lecholop was elected to the Board of Trustees in May 2013. He is currently employed as an attorney at Rosenthal Pauerstein Sandoloski Agather LLP, where his practice focuses on corporate litigation and corporate bankruptcy. Mr. Lecholop is a former teacher and a Teach for America alumnus. He earned a B.B.A. in Finance from the Business Honors Program at the University of Texas at Austin, an M.A. in Teaching from The Johns Hopkins University, and a Doctorate of Jurisprudence from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law. Mr. Lecholop's current term expires in 2017.
What is a School Board?
The SAISD Board of Trustees, composed of seven District residents, is the school system's policy-making body. Each trustee represents one of seven single-member districts and is elected by voters of that district. Single-member districts were implemented in 1986. Trustees serve four-year terms
The Board's major duties include:
- Adopting goals and objectives for the District
- Reviewing and acting on policies
- Adopting an annual budget and setting the tax rate
- Electing school personnel as recommended by the superintendent
- Reporting to the public on the District's progress