SAISD Board Approves Employee Pay Raises
June 25, 2013
Dear SAISD Staff,
I am pleased to share some good news with you. Tonight the Board of Trustees adopted the budget for the 2013-14 school year, which includes a pay increase for all permanent full-time employees. The Board and I greatly appreciate your commitment to our students.
The raises approved by the Board are as follows:
• The starting salary for new teachers will increase from $44,305 to $47,900.
• Other teachers (not first year), librarians and registered nurses will all receive a minimum increase of 3 percent -- up to 8.5 percent depending on experience.
• Paraprofessionals and classified employees will receive an average raise of 4 percent based on their pay-grade midpoint.
• All other employees will receive an average increase of 3 percent based on their pay-grade midpoint.
• A non-recurring longevity stipend of $500 for employees with 15 or more years with SAISD (to be paid in January of 2014).*
The raises will be reflected in employee paychecks based on the start of their contract/work cycle.
Dr. Sylvester Perez
*Stipend is for those employees who qualify as of the school year ending 2012-13.
Dr. Perez in the Community
Joining representatives from USAA, Toyota, CST Brands and area school districts in kicking off the Go Public campaign to generate public schools awareness.
Reading to Maverick ES students participating in the nationwide Read for the Record.
Speaking to the United Way Board about the District’s charitable drive.
Greeting De Zavala ES 4th-graders on the happy occasion of their teacher Yara Luna receiving an ExCEL award.
Visiting Maverick ES on the first day of school where he posed with principal Linda Nance and the school’s fairy tale guests.