SAISD Board Approves Employee Pay Raises
June 25, 2013
Dear SAISD Staff,
I am pleased to share some good news with you. Tonight the Board of Trustees adopted the budget for the 2013-14 school year, which includes a pay increase for all permanent full-time employees. The Board and I greatly appreciate your commitment to our students.
The raises approved by the Board are as follows:
• The starting salary for new teachers will increase from $44,305 to $47,900.
• Other teachers (not first year), librarians and registered nurses will all receive a minimum increase of 3 percent -- up to 8.5 percent depending on experience.
• Paraprofessionals and classified employees will receive an average raise of 4 percent based on their pay-grade midpoint.
• All other employees will receive an average increase of 3 percent based on their pay-grade midpoint.
• A non-recurring longevity stipend of $500 for employees with 15 or more years with SAISD (to be paid in January of 2014).*
The raises will be reflected in employee paychecks based on the start of their contract/work cycle.
Dr. Sylvester Perez
*Stipend is for those employees who qualify as of the school year ending 2012-13.