Coming Attractions June 18, 2009
SAISD Web News
8 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4:30 p.m. (except Friday) and 1 to 6 p.m. (Wednesday only)
At the SAISD Johnson Center, 1811 S. Laredo St.
Parents of children eligible for this federal early childhood education program may enroll them this week, or following the Fourth of July holiday break when registration will resume. In order to qualify, a child must be 3 or 4 years old by Sept. 1 and meet other requirements. For information parents are asked to call 222-8591.
Ongoing thru June 26 — SAISD summer hours
Most District departments and summer school programs are operating on a four-day work week until the Fourth of July holiday break. Afterward, this schedule will resume through the end of July.
June 22 (Mon) — School Board meeting
5:30 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
June 29 thru July 3 — Fourth of July holiday break
Most District departments and schools hosting summer programs will be closed.
Summer programs for students *
These are just a sample of learning opportunities, and may be subject to change. Parents are asked to contact their child’s school for more information.
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at two SAISD high schools
Ninth-graders are exploring the wonderful worlds of fresh and oceanic water through the study of aquatic science. The camp is part of GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs), designed to help the class of 2012 prepare for success in college and beyond.
Ongoing thru July 13 — Driver education first session
7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
This course meets all state minimum requirements for young drivers of 32-classroom hours and includes seven hours in-car instruction, and seven hours observation.
Ongoing thru July 13 — ‘Seamless Summer Nutrition Program’
7:30 to 8:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (times vary by site) at 31 campuses *
Free breakfast and lunch are served to anyone 18 years old and younger. The federally-funded nutrition program is available to districts like SAISD in which large numbers of students receive free meals during the school year. * (Due to the District’s four-day summer work schedule not all sites will be open on Fridays. For a complete list of participating campuses and days of operation visit www.saisd.net.)
Ongoing thru July 16 (except Fridays) — High School Acceleration and Pre-AP
8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
Select academic subjects are offered at an accelerated pace to teens wanting a head start on the upcoming school year.
Ongoing thru Aug. 8 — San Antonio Summer Youth Program
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays at 16 SAISD schools
Sponsored by SAISD and the San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department to provide supervised recreational opportunities.
* NOTE TO MEDIA – Please contact the SAISD Communications Department to coordinate coverage.
- April 14 20 - April 17 20 | 05:20 PM Free family fitness classes
- April 17 20 | 02:00 PM Annual Fiesta Shoebox Float Parade
- April 17 20 | 06:15 PM Second Annual Pitch for the Cure
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 21 20 - April 24 20 State Testing Dates
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- April 30 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- May 05 20 - May 09 20 State Testing Dates
- May 12 20 - May 16 20 State Testing Dates
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- May 29 20 | 05:00 PM Rising Star New Teacher Award Ceremony
- June 05 20 Last Day of School
- June 05 20 | 06:30 PM Lanier High School graduation ceremony
- June 06 20 Teacher Workday/Bad Weather Day Make-up Day
- June 06 20 | 05:00 PM Edison High School graduation ceremony
- June 06 20 | 08:30 PM Jefferson High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 10:00 AM Houston High School graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 02:00 PM YWLA graduation ceremony
- June 07 20 | 05:00 PM Fox Tech High School graduation ceremony
- June 08 20 | 01:00 PM Highlands High School graduation ceremony