Coming Attractions June 18, 2009
SAISD Web News
8 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4:30 p.m. (except Friday) and 1 to 6 p.m. (Wednesday only)
At the SAISD Johnson Center, 1811 S. Laredo St.
Parents of children eligible for this federal early childhood education program may enroll them this week, or following the Fourth of July holiday break when registration will resume. In order to qualify, a child must be 3 or 4 years old by Sept. 1 and meet other requirements. For information parents are asked to call 222-8591.
Ongoing thru June 26 — SAISD summer hours
Most District departments and summer school programs are operating on a four-day work week until the Fourth of July holiday break. Afterward, this schedule will resume through the end of July.
June 22 (Mon) — School Board meeting
5:30 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
June 29 thru July 3 — Fourth of July holiday break
Most District departments and schools hosting summer programs will be closed.
Summer programs for students *
These are just a sample of learning opportunities, and may be subject to change. Parents are asked to contact their child’s school for more information.
9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at two SAISD high schools
Ninth-graders are exploring the wonderful worlds of fresh and oceanic water through the study of aquatic science. The camp is part of GEAR UP (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs), designed to help the class of 2012 prepare for success in college and beyond.
Ongoing thru July 13 — Driver education first session
7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
This course meets all state minimum requirements for young drivers of 32-classroom hours and includes seven hours in-car instruction, and seven hours observation.
Ongoing thru July 13 — ‘Seamless Summer Nutrition Program’
7:30 to 8:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (times vary by site) at 31 campuses *
Free breakfast and lunch are served to anyone 18 years old and younger. The federally-funded nutrition program is available to districts like SAISD in which large numbers of students receive free meals during the school year. * (Due to the District’s four-day summer work schedule not all sites will be open on Fridays. For a complete list of participating campuses and days of operation visit www.saisd.net.)
Ongoing thru July 16 (except Fridays) — High School Acceleration and Pre-AP
8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
Select academic subjects are offered at an accelerated pace to teens wanting a head start on the upcoming school year.
Ongoing thru Aug. 8 — San Antonio Summer Youth Program
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays at 16 SAISD schools
Sponsored by SAISD and the San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department to provide supervised recreational opportunities.
* NOTE TO MEDIA – Please contact the SAISD Communications Department to coordinate coverage.
KSAT: Edison High School holds mock disaster drill
KABB: SAISD student becomes first to win national Scholastic All-Star award
Express-News: Jefferson's Lassos school team is tied to a proud school history
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- June 10 20 - June 28 20 | 07:30 AM Greater San Antonio All Stars summer enrichment
- June 10 20 - August 09 20 | 08:00 AM SA Youth Programs
- June 10 20 - June 21 20 | 08:30 AM SAISD summer musical theatre camp
- June 10 20 - August 09 20 | 10:00 AM SA Youth Programs
- June 11 20 - August 09 20 Seamless Summer Nutrition Program
- June 11 20 - June 28 20 | 09:00 AM Jump Start Your Summer AND GEAR UP for High School
- June 17 20 - August 09 20 | 07:30 AM Summer recreation
- June 17 20 - June 21 20 | 08:30 AM 4th Annual Alamo City Band Camp
- June 17 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- July 30 20 - July 31 20 | 08:00 AM Pre-K Registration schedule for 2013-14
- August 06 20 - August 09 20 Registration schedule for 2013-14
- August 14 20 - August 23 20 Staff Development Days
- August 19 20 - August 20 20 Teacher Workday
- August 26 20 First Day of School
- September 02 20 Holiday - Labor Day
- October 25 20 End of 1st Nine Weeks
- October 28 20 Start of 2nd Nine Weeks
- November 25 20 - November 29 20 Holiday - Thanksgiving Day
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day