Coming Attractions March 28, 2014
March 28, 2014
March 29 (Sat) — Run 4 Education 5K
8:30 a.m. at Brooks City Base, 2510 Kennedy Circle entrance
Proceeds benefit the SAISD Foundation. Those who missed online registration may sign up on-site that morning. For more information, go to the event section at: www.saisdfoundation.com.
March 29 (Sat) — Family Fitness Fair
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Carroll Early Childhood Education Center, 463 Holmgreen Road
The fair will feature a 1K run/walk, free health screenings, information on community resources and a free child car seat giveaway.
March 31 (Mon) — STAAR pep rally
8:30 a.m. at Nelson Elementary School, 1014 Waverly Ave.
El Rey Feo will start the cheers encouraging student success on the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness exam. Scheduled to join the festivities at 9 a.m. is T-Bone, the San Antonio Rampage team mascot.
March 31 and April 1 — House Bill 5 community meetings
Time and locations at the SAISD schools listed below.
Students and their parents can learn about the state’s new graduation requirements at the following meetings. These will be the final in a series held at all District academies and middle and high schools this spring.
● March 31 (Mon) at 7 p.m. – Edison High School, 701 Santa Monica Drive
● April 1 (Tues) at 6 p.m. – Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
April 2 (Wed) — Jefferson Fiesta medal presentation and fundraiser
5 to 7 p.m. at Chris Madrid’s, 1900 Blanco Road
The limited-edition 2014 Jefferson Lasso Alumni Association’s Fiesta medal will go on sale at this event also honoring Lassos from the 1970s. Celebrity emcee will be an alum from that decade, KSAT-TV sports anchor Greg Simmons. Sponsor the Lasso Alumni Association was formed to support this and future generations of San Antonio’s most famous rope twirlers.
Ongoing Mondays thru Thursdays – March 31 thru April 3 — Free family fitness classes
5:20 p.m. at the SAISD schools listed below.
The popular Zumba dance fitness program is offered free to the community weekly at eight District campuses. Classes are in partnership with Health Collaborative, a local network of citizens, community organizations and businesses. Zumba will run through June 6. Upcoming sessions will be:
● March 31 (Mon) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● March 31 (Mon) – at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César Chávez Blvd.
● April 1 (Tues) – at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive
● April 1 (Tues) – at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
● April 2 (Wed) – at Highlands High School, 3118 Elgin Ave.
● April 2 (Wed) – at Rogers Elementary School (for the Edison High School community), 620 McIlvaine St.
● April 3 (Thurs) – at W.W. White Elementary School (for the Sam Houston High School community), 545 S. W.W. White Road
● April 3 (Thurs) – at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
--- SAISD ---