Educating children to their fullest potential
SAISD's century-old legacy of setting high standards for all is as deeply rooted as is our commitment to continuing that proud tradition for generations. Through personalized instruction, exciting real-world activities and the most effective teaching strategies, SAISD instills in students the knowledge and skills necessary to reach their fullest potential and become successful citizens.
We offer parents school choice, allowing them to select the type of academic environment that best fits their child's learning style. Parents may choose from a more traditional setting or magnet programs and internal charters that specialize in a particular theme or subject matter.Our approximately 54,000 students attend:
- Eight traditional high schools, grades 9–12
- One early college high school and one stand-alone magnet school
- One all-girls 6–12 grade campus
- 16 magnet programs at secondary schools
- 14 middle schools, grades 6–8, including four internal charter academies
- 52 elementaries, grades pre-kinder through 5, including three internal charter academies
- Five pre-kinder to 8 or kinder–8 academies, including four internal charters
- Four non-traditional schools
Schools of Choice
Enrichment & Support
Magnet & Charter application period open
applications for 2015-16.