Kamal ElHabr (right), associate superintendent for Facilities Services, assists a Nelson ES parent who has questions about boundary changes to take effect in the 2015-2016 school year. Parent meetings to discuss boundary changes that will impact some 25 SAISD campuses next year are being held at six schools in October and November. Learn more
SAISD: A place where communities come together
Our mission in SAISD is to transform the District into a national model urban school district where every child graduates and is educated so that he or she is prepared to be a contributing member of the community. Getting there will take the participation and support of our communities – our partners – from parents and grandparents to business leaders and elected officials.
With this page, we aim to keep our communities connected to our District, with information about Bond 2010 progress, Adult & Community Education courses, school reunions, upcoming school board meetings and more.
We hope you will take the time to learn more about the great things happening in SAISD by visiting our Uniquely SAISD page.
Community meeting dates
Attend one of the following public meetings, each at 6 p.m., to provide input about the characteristics and skills you most desire to see in SAISD's next superintendent:
* Thursday, Jan. 15, Sam Houston HS cafeteria, 4635 E. Houston St.
* Thursday, Jan. 15, Highlands HS cafeteria, 3118 Elgin Ave.
* Wednesday, Jan. 21, Lanier HS cafeteria, 1514 W. Cesar E. Chavez
* Wednesday, Jan. 21, Jefferson HS, cafeteria, 723 Donaldson Ave.
* Thursday, Jan. 22, Brackenridge HS cafeteria, 400 Eagleland Drive
* Thursday, Jan. 22, Burbank HS auditorium, 1002 Edwards St.
* Thursday, Jan. 22, Edison HS auditorium, 701 Santa Monica Drive
Go to Superintendent Search page