Addressing the Board
The SAISD Board of Trustees generally holds regularly scheduled Board meetings on the second and third Monday of each month, with some dates subject to change due to conflicts with federal holidays, District holidays and/or Districtwide events. The Board meeting room is located at 406 Barrera St.Below is the process that citizens wishing to address the Board at one of its regularly scheduled meetings must follow:
- You are required to sign a sign-in sheet provided by the District in the Board meeting room between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. the day of the meeting.
- You have up to three minutes to speak. Please note that the Board will not respond or engage in conversation during this time.
- If more than 20 people sign up to speak the presiding officer will redistribute the total time allotted among the speakers (which will be less than 3 minutes). Public comments do not exceed 60 minutes per Board meeting or the presiding officer may ask community members who wish to speak about the same subject to appoint one or more persons to present their views before the Board. In such event, the presiding officer shall determine the number of presenters.
- If you know that your comments may exceed three minutes, you also can submit your comments in writing to be provided to the seven Trustees.
- At all other times during Board meetings, the audience shall not enter into discussion or debate on matters being considered by the Board.
- The Board will not tolerate disruption by members of the audience during public comment or any time during the meeting. If, after receiving a warning from the presiding officer, any person continues to disrupt the meeting by his or her words or actions, the presiding officer may request assistance from law enforcement officials to have the person removed from the meeting.