Coming Attractions August 7, 2009
Aug. 7, 2009
Aug. 10 (Mon) — SAISD Council of PTAs Membership Drive Kick-off
3 p.m. at SAISD Central Office, 141 Lavaca St.
In anticipation of the upcoming school year, cheerleaders from throughout the District will lead a pep rally encouraging parents, employees, and other community members to support the nation’s largest parent-teacher organization.
Aug. 10-13 — Registration for 2009-10 school year
Times vary by campus, at all SAISD schools
All new and returning students to the District need to register at the school they will attend. The first day of classes for all SAISD students is Monday, Aug. 24.
Aug. 10-14 — SeaWorld Summer Science Academy
8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 10500 SeaWorld Drive
This popular water park will provide 150 7th- and 8th-graders from SAISD’s Young Women’s Leadership Academy an opportunity to work alongside veterinarians, zoologists, animal trainers and educators for in-depth study in oceanography. Lessons will include squid dissection and analysis, coral reef ecology, predator and prey relations, habitats, species classification, and conservatism. The SeaWorld Summer Science Academy is among several learning experiences students at San Antonio’s only all-girls public school are enjoying this summer.
Aug. 15 (Sat) — ‘CommuniCaring for Kids’ school immunization and health fair
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Dr. Frank Bryant Health Center, 3066 Commerce St.
Parents of SAISD students can take advantage of this opportunity to ensure their children are up-to-date on immunizations necessary to start school. Shot records are required, as well as proof of income for those seeking this service for free. Families may also receive medical screenings and information on healthy living.
Aug. 15 (Sat) — Back 2 School Festival
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Freeman Coliseum, 3201 E. Houston St.
SAISD families are invited to receive free health screenings. Free back packs with school supplies will be given away on a first-come, first-served basis. Festival sponsor is the Antioch Community Transformation Network
--- SAISD ---
KSAT: Fox Tech goes high-tech
KABB: Fenwick renovations getting underway
KABB: Financial literacy classes help SAISD students
San Antonio Express-News: SAISD program could teach state
San Antonio Express-News: Mariachi programs in schools growing
KENS: Alamo Stadium renovations underway
WOAI: Boy without arms gets special bike
- December 09 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- December 11 20 | 04:45 PM Eagle band to serenade King William Historic Distr...
- December 12 20 | 09:00 AM Mock arrest warrant issued for Santa Claus
- December 12 20 | 06:00 PM Taste of the Season
- December 13 20 | 01:00 PM Toy giveaway
- December 14 20 | 09:00 AM Twentieth-annual mock trial of Santa Claus
- December 23 20 - January 03 20 Holiday - Winter Break
- January 20 20 Holiday - MLK Jr. Day
- February 17 20 Holiday / Bad Weather Day
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School