2015-16 First Day of School Photos
Arnold Elementary School
Ogden Elementary School
Riverside Park Elementary School
Japhet Elementary School
Fenwick Elementary School
Young Men's Leadership Academy
Lanier High School
Highlands High School
Gearing up for the start of a new school year can be stressful! We’ve put together a list of essentials we hope will make the transition a bit smoother.
Use our address lookup feature to find which school your child is zoned to attend, based on your home address.
If you have not yet registered your child for the 2015-16 school year, you can do so Aug. 4-6, 2015. Registration times will be 8-11 a.m. and 1-4 p.m., with extended evening hours running until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, August 5. Registration takes place at the school your child will attend. If you have questions, contact the campus.
Check out our registration page to find required documentation and other helpful information.
Students are required by law to have up-to-date immunizations. Students cannot go to school without the proper documentation for the required vaccines or a valid medical or conscientious exemption.
Visit our immunizations page to view requirements and other important information. For more information about immunizations, contact San Antonio Metropolitan Health District at (210) 207-8750.
All SAISD students must be attired in a uniform of khaki pants, shorts, skorts or skirt, and a white top or alternate school-approved colored shirt. Click to view the 2015-16 guidelines. Complete details will be included in the Parent-Student Handbook that is available upon request or online. If you need assistance purchasing your child’s uniforms, please contact (210) 554-2600.
Afterschool programs offer a mix of academic and physical activities for students on campus after the regular school day, up until 6:15 p.m. All of the District’s elementary schools, and most middle schools, offer an afterschool program in partnership with a number of community organizations. View a list of the organizations, their contact number and the schools where they operate programs.
SAISD provides free meals to all students through a provision of the National School Lunch Program called Community Eligibility and a small contribution of local funds. Families at only a few campuses will be required to complete meal applications, and those families will be provided the application during registration. Check out the SAISD Food and Child Nutrition Services website to view menus and learn more about the program.
Click here for a printable list of all District campuses, with their telephone numbers and addresses.
The bell schedule for the year, with exceptions noted below, will be as follows:
● Early Childhood Education Center campuses (Carroll, Carvajal, Knox, Tynan) – 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
● Elementary & Pre-K/K-8 campuses – 8:05 a.m. to 3:20 p.m.*
● Middle school campuses – 8:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.**
● High school campuses – 8:45 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.***
- Mission Academy, 8 a.m. – 3:20 p.m.
- Young Men's Leadership Academy, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
** Middle school exceptions:
- Connell and Davis, 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m., except Tuesdays, when the bell schedule is 8:30 a.m. – 1:45 p.m.
- Lowell, 8:30 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
- Page, 8:35 a.m.-4:05 p.m.
- Young Men's Leadership Academy, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Young Women's Leadership Academy, 8:30 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
*** High school exceptions:
- St. Philip’s Early College High School, 8:45 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Travis Early College High School, 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Young Women’s Leadership Academy, 8:30 a.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Our District calendar provides you, at a glance, with important dates to note, such as holidays and early release days.
Throughout the school year, we encourage you to stay connected with our District by visiting our Parents page, where we post news, upcoming events and important information.