Evaluation of Community & Student Engagement
21st-Century Workforce Development
Second-Language Acquisition Progams
Community & Parent Involvement
Digital Learning Environment
Dropout Prevention Strategies
Gifted & Talented Programs
Wellness and Physical Education
Evaluating Community & Student Engagement
The state has added a new component to its accountability system: evaluating Texas school districts and individual campuses on how well they engage the community and students.
Under this new system, which is based on District-developed criteria, SAISD earned an overall rating of Recognized. Also, 83 percent of SAISD campuses were rated either Recognized or Exemplary.
See all ratings
About the new system
- The 83rd Texas Legislature, through House Bill 5 (HB 5), added Section 39.0545 to the Texas Education Code (TEC).
- This section requires school districts to evaluate performance in community and student engagement, as well as in compliance with state reporting requirements, for the District as a whole and for each of its campuses.
- For the evaluation, districts must use criteria developed by a local committee and must assign an overall rating and a rating for each criteria at both the District and campus levels.
- Ratings must be publicly reported no later than Aug. 8 of each year.
Factors used in the evaluation
The following factors were used in evaluating SAISD’s performance in community and student engagement:
- 21st-century workforce development programs
- Second-language acquisition programs
- Community and parental involvement
- Digital learning environment
- Dropout prevention strategies
- Fine arts
- Gifted & talented programs
- Wellness and physical education
- History of compliance with statutory reporting requirements
What are the ratings categories?
There are five possible ratings a District and individual campuses can receive for Factors 1-8. They are: Exemplary, Recognized, Acceptable, Unacceptable or Not Applicable.
A rating label of Yes or No will be assigned for Factor 9, history of compliance with statutory reporting requirements.
Contact SAISD's Accountability, Research, Evaluation & Testing Department at (210) 554-2460.
Hot Parent Topics
- Detailed college planning guide
- 2017-18 School Supply List
- 2017-18 District Calendar
- Middle School Educational Planning Guide
- Curriculum Resources
- Extended Day Program
- School Hours
- Student Transcripts
- Transfer Policy
- Graduation Requirements
- Student Transportation
- Student Meals
- Summer School
- Parent-Student Handbook
- HB 5 Community & Student Engagement Ratings
- Required Postings
- Parent customer service line
- Create Email Account