Apply online for 2018-19 school year at https://saisdchoice.com/.
Family & Student Support Services McKinney-Vento
Family & Student Support Services
To view the law, click here
The McKinney-Vento Education Assistance Act is a federal law that provides services to families
and unaccompanied youth that live in a temporary situation due to loss of housing.
- Living in shared housing due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or similar reason.
- Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, cars, substandard housing, abandoned buildings, and/or campgrounds
- Living in emergency or transitional shelters
- Awaiting foster care placement
- Being an unaccompanied youth (not living with a parent or guardian) living in a temporary situation
- Being a migratory child who is living in any of the above circumstance
- Immediate enrollment
- Removal of barriers to school enrollment
- School selection
- Transportation assistance (school bus or VIA)
- Immediate eligibility for free child nutrition
To speak with McKinney-Vento Staff
Parent Information: English | Spanish
Student Information: English | Spanish
Click below for an application to request a birth certificate for school enrollment:
Birth Certificate Application: English | Spanish
- Brackenridge Area Resources
- Burbank Area Resources
- Edison Area Resources
- Highlands Area Resources
- Jefferson Area Resources
- Lanier Area Resources
- Sam Houston Area Resources
Bexar County District Liaisons
Below is a listing of contact information for local school district McKinney-Vento Liaisons and their transportation departments.
If you are a parent having a transportation issue, please call the liaison in your district for assistance.
Below are links to San Antonio area school district address lookups, beginning with SAISD. These sites will help with finding school district maps, bus routes, and boundaries for individual schools. To navigate to the site, simply click on the image. Please note that not all school districts have this information available on the web. If the school district you are looking for is not listed, please call them for information regarding their boundaries and bus routes using the numbers on the District Liaisons document.
- San Antonio Independent School District
- Alamo Heights Independent School District
- East Central Independent School District
- Edgewood Independent School District
- Judson Independent School District
- North East Independent School District
- Northside Independent School District
- Schertz-Cibolo Independent School District
- South San Independent School District
- Southwest Independent School District
Bexar County Area Transfer Points
These designated points are used to transfer children from one school district to another school
district by bus, if they are being transported to attend school outside of the district in which they
reside. Each point refers to a specific location identified in the table. Please note that some districts
may have multiple transfer points. This is to accommodate the movement of children over large areas
within the county.
Below is a listing of links to additional information on Homelessness and Education online.
- Texas Homeless Education Office
- Texas Education Agency
- U.S. Department of Education
- National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty
- National Coalition for the Homeless
- National Center for Homeless Education at SERVE
- Texas Homeless Network
- National Alliance to End Homelessness
- National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth (NAEHCY)
- LeTendre Education Fund Scholarship
- United Way of San Antonio and Bexar County