Office of Teaching & Organizational Learning - Leadership Development
Office of Teaching & Organizational Learning
- EPIC Saturdays
- Resources for Teachers
- Learning Opportunities
- Leadership Development
- 2018-2019 Division Calendar (PDF)
- SAISD SharePoint Calendar
BooksReading and staying informed of the latest trends and successes is a crucial part of the
journey toward becoming a better leader. We want to help you stay on top of leadership
development literature and will update this page periodically to include recommended
- The School Principal as Leader: Guiding Schools to Better Teaching and Learning,
The Wallace Foundation
- Qualities of Effective Principals, James H. Stronge, Holly B. Richard and Nancy
- Breakthrough Leadership in the Digital Age: Using Learning Science to Reboot
Schooling, Frederick M. Hess, Bror Saxberg
- The Effective Principal: 5 Pivotal Practices That Shape Instructional Leadership,
- Datawise, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Reading rockets: Teaching Kids to Read and Helping Those Who Struggle
Web ResourcesWe think you will find helpful leadership development information on the websites
below. Additional sites periodically will be added to the list.
- ASCD - Formerly the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- The Wallace Foundation - On School Leadership
- Edutopia - Administrators blog
It is crucial, in our quest to become great leaders, that we study approaches that have
worked well and have proven results. Innovation and creativity are valuable and,
certainly necessary, but why reinvent the wheel at every turn? This page includes
resources that outline effective leadership development practices.
In this video by The Wallace Foundation, 13 school leaders describe how they
put five practices to work.
School Climate and Shared Leadership - A report by the National School Climate
Center "A positive school climate improved a student achievement and a sense of
School Leadership Resource Roundup Edutopia - Whether you're an administrator
or a teacher leader, you will find some great advice and tips in this list of videos,
blogs, and articles on school leadership.
The Four Dimensions of Instructional Leadership - Webinar by the Center for
Educational Leadership "Instructional leadership is a critical aspect of school
leadership. The work of instructional leaders is to ensure that teachers have the
knowledge and skills necessary to ensure that every student receives the highest
quality instruction each day."