Help Desk - What things can I do before I call the Helpdesk
Technology and Management Information Systems
Departments & Programs
SAISD Help Desk Support - What things can I do before I call the Helpdesk
- Is the computer plugged and power switches on?
- Check for loose cables
- Make sure there are no disks in the diskette drive
- If not connecting to the network, check and see if users in your immediate area can connect
- If all else fails, shut down the system completely down and reset. Many times this will fix the problem.
Note: If you get a specific error message, write down the first few lines. This will help the Helpdesk determine the problem with your computer.
When you do call, please have the following information available:
- Tag Number
- Room Number
- Name of the User or caller
- Brand of Computer, for example Dell, Gateway, Apple
- Specific Problem
The Helpdesk can be reached by:
- Calling 210-244-2929
- Faxing 210-228-3198