Apply online for 2018-19 school year at https://saisdchoice.com/.
SAISD Police Department Emergency Procedures
- In Memory
- Complaint Process
- Emergency Procedures
- Racial Profiling
- Officer Request Form
- Non-Uniformed Services
- Specialized Units
- Frequently Asked Questions
District ID pictures are taken:
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 11:30 / 1:00pm - 4:15pm
No appointment needed
Click here for Form C44-A
To: All Parents of SAISD Students
The San Antonio Independent School District is committed to the safety and security of students,
employees and visitors at all of our campuses. In support of that commitment, the SAISD
Emergency Operations Plan will be followed in the event of a crisis situation. The objective of this
plan is to ensure the health, safety and welfare of students and staff in the event of an emergency.
Although it is impossible to foresee all the potential emergencies, we have made preparations
to effectively use our resources to respond to those emergencies that cannot be avoided. The
responsibilities are shared between school administrators and parents. Incidents or crises on our
campuses can be minimized, and a positive outcome reached, through shared cooperation
between parents of our students and SAISD administration.
- Evacuation: the removal of all persons from the building to a safe distance or an alternate
- Lockdown: to secure the building, keeping all persons safely inside, while restricting the
movement of any persons in or out of the building.
SAISD will use IRIS – the Immediate Response Information System to alert and notify
parents when situations present themselves or conditions exists that require such communication.
- TUNE TO LOCAL RADIO OR TELEVISION STATIONS. In the event of school emergency,
our Community Information Office will contact the media for the purpose of broadcasting vital
- PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE THE SCHOOL. We have limited phone lines. These must
be used to respond to the emergency.
- PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE SCHOOL. Emergencies involving schools will mean that
emergency vehicles (Police, Fire, EMS) must have immediate access to the building. Crowded
conditions will slow the process. If Lockdown is initiated, access will be given only to Emergency
- AWAIT FURTHER INFORMATION. Stay tuned to local stations for updated information
regarding the status of the emergency and what actions should be taken.
PLACE THIS LETTER INSIDE THE COVER OF YOUR PHONE BOOK FOR EASY