Testing Assessment Information - STAAR
- Assessment Info
- Coordinator Resources
- Online Resources
- Parent & Student Information
- Campus Testing Coordinators
Related Departments & Programs
State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness
The STAAR program encompasses STAAR, STAAR Spanish, STAAR L, STAAR A, and STAAR
Alternate 2. STAAR focuses on increasing postsecondary readiness of graduating high school
students and helps to ensure that Texas students are competitive with other students both
nationally and internationally.
- STAAR grades 3–8 includes assessments of writing, reading, mathematics, science, and
social studies. STAAR EOC assessments are available for Algebra I, Biology, English I,
English II, and U.S. history.
- STAAR Spanish is available in grades 3–5 for each subject area assessed when Spanish
provides the most appropriate measure of academic achievement.
- STAAR L is a linguistically accommodated English version of the STAAR grades 3–8 and
EOC assessments in mathematics, science, and social studies for ELLs who meet