Testing - TAKS/TAAS Out-of-School Registration
- Assessment Info
- Coordinator Resources
- Online Resources
- Parent & Student Information
- Campus Testing Coordinators
Related Departments & Programs
What are the 2018 registration dates for OOS Testing?
- April EOC English I and English II (TAKS ELA, TAAS Reading/Writing)
- January 10, 2018 thru February 2, 2018
- May EOC Algebra I (TAKS Math, TAAS Math), Biology (TAKS Science), and US History (TAKS Social Studies)
- January 10, 2018 thru March 2, 2018
- June EOC English I and English II (TAKS ELA, TAAS Reading/Writing), Algebra I (TAKS Math, TAAS Math), Biology (TAKS Science), and US History (TAKS Social Studies)
- May 30, 2018 thru June 1, 2018
- December EOC English I and English II (TAKS ELA, TAAS Reading/Writing), Algebra I (TAKS Math, TAAS Math), Biology (TAKS Science), and US History (TAKS Social Studies)
- September 17, 2018 thru October 5, 2018
What is STAAR EOC OOS testing?
STAAR EOC OOS testing allows examinees who are no longer enrolled in school to take an assessment during a test administration at a participating district. Assessment results of OOS testers are sent to the home addresses provided and to the districts that will be providing examinees their diplomas.
Who should register for STAAR EOC OOS testing?
STAAR EOC OOS registration is for:
- Examinees who have not passed a STAAR EOC assessment and are no longer enrolled in school but have otherwise completed requirements for graduation; or
- Former TAKS examinees, including TAAS and TEAMS examinees, who have not met their testing requirements for graduation. More information for Former TAKS examinees can be found on TEA’s website.
How do examinees register for STAAR EOC OOS testing?
STAAR EOC OOS examinees must register to test at a participating campus by completing the online registration form during the registration period for each of the STAAR EOC administrations. A list of STAAR EOC OOS test sites is available for each STAAR EOC administration.
What if the STAAR EOC OOS registration deadline is missed?
Examinees who do not register online by the deadline may still take the assessment at participating campuses at the testing location's discretion. Examinees should contact the campus well before the testing date to ensure that the campus can accommodate them. Campus personnel will assist with the on-site registration process. Examinees must bring a photo ID.
What should STAAR EOC OOS examinees do on the day of the test?
On the day of testing, examinees should arrive at the test site 30 minutes before the designated testing time. Examinees must present a photo ID, such as a driver's license, DPS ID, military ID, school ID, or resident alien card to test. Examinees will not be allowed to take the test without a photo ID.
Where can examinees find additional resources for STAAR EOC OOD and OOS testing?
Examinees can visit the STAAR Released Test Questions webpage of TEA's Student Assessment Division website to find released test questions for STAAR EOC. Other information that may be helpful for preparing for STAAR EOC OOS testing is available on the STAAR Resources web page.