Arnold ES to host Community Open House to showcase $10.5 million in renovations under 2010 bond
What: Arnold ES to host Community Open House to showcase $10.5 million in
renovations under 2010 bond
When: Wednesday (Sept. 16), 6 p.m.
Where: Arnold Elementary School, 467 Freiling Drive
On Wednesday, the Arnold Elementary School community will have a chance to take in the $10.5 million in Bond 2010 renovations that have resulted in a more modern and vibrant learning environment for students.
Guests will have the opportunity for a self-guided tour after a brief opening presentation.
Renovation highlights include:
- A 2-story addition that features classrooms and labs for art and music.
- A new, larger cafeteria with an all-new stage, enhanced lighting and audio-visual capabilities.
- A refurbished and expanded library.
- Two new age-appropriate playgrounds with sun shades (to come).
- Improved special-needs accessibility, safety, site lighting and fences.
Funding for the project came from the $515 million bond that voters overwhelmingly approved in November 2010 to finance a variety of improvements throughout the district, including major renovations at 22 schools.
--- SAISD ----