¡Inscripciones están disponibles en línea para el año escolar 2018-19! Inscríbase hoy
Community invited to tour new Japhet ES during open house
What: Community invited to tour new Japhet ES during open house
When: Wednesday (Oct. 21), 6 p.m.
Where: Japhet ES, 314 Astor St.
The Japhet Elementary School community is invited to tour the school’s brand-new facility, which provides students with a modern, 21st-century learning environment that was made possible through $18.6 million in renovations under the 2010 bond.
Guests will have the opportunity for a self-guided tour after a brief opening presentation.
Renovation highlights include:
· Art and music rooms and science and computer labs.
· New single-story wing for PK-1st grades.
· New two-story wing housing 3rd-5th grades connected by outdoor courtyard.
· Improvement of special-needs accessibility issues and new special education classrooms.
· Newly renovated kitchen and cafeteria.
· Enhanced student transportation experience via new campus parking lots and new drop-off lane.
· Upgraded site lighting, fencing and security technology.
· Major restoration of mechanical systems including boilers, chillers, pumps, air handling units and ductwork.
Funding for the project came from the $515 million bond that voters overwhelmingly approved in November 2010 to finance a variety of improvements throughout the district, including major renovations at 22 schools.
--- SAISD ----