SAISD magnet programs are a fast-track to college and career, giving students the opportunity to earn up to 45 hours of college credit* by graduation.
The District’s magnet programs are tightly aligned to Alamo Colleges’ programs and are offered at eight SAISD high schools. Students earn the college credit through a mix of free dual-credit courses and Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate credit by exam.
In a magnet program, instruction centers on a specific focus, such as engineering or health professions. Students learn English, math, science and other subjects in the context of that focus, making learning more engaging and relevant.
* College credits include both dual credit and AP classes.
Highlands High School
Jefferson High School
MEDIA & FILM
Brackenridge High School
Technology at Rhodes MS
MAGNETS BY CAMPUS
High School Magnets (9-12)
- Brackenridge HS | Media & Film
- Burbank HS |International Baccalaureate
- Edison HS |Health Professions
- Fox Tech HS |Health Professions
- Fox Tech HS |Law
- Highlands HS | Engineering
- Jefferson HS |International Baccalaureate*
- Lanier HS |Engineering
- Sam Houston HS |Engineering
* Candidate for IB World School
Middle School Magnets (6-8)