Coming Attractions - Jan. 8, 2016
Jan. 8, 2016
Jan. 9 (Sat) — SAISD students to participate in San Antonio Sports All-Star Football Game, presented by H-E-B
5 p.m. kickoff at the Alamodome, 100 Montana St.
District football players representing Brackenridge, Burbank, Highlands, Jefferson and Lanier high schools are among approximately 100 area-wide who will take the field for this gridiron match following the U.S. Army All-American Bowl game.
Jan. 11 (Mon) — School Board Meeting A
6 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
Jan. 12 (Tues) — SAISD History Fair
2:30 p.m. (exhibits open) and 4 p.m. (awards ceremony) at Trinity University’s Fiesta Room, 1 Trinity Place
Middle and high school students Districtwide will present projects in a variety of categories including papers, exhibits and websites. Top winners will advance to the regional competition.
Jan. 14 (Thurs) — Superintendent to present five-year blueprint
7:30 to 9:30 a.m. at Pearl Stable, 307 Pearl Parkway
SAISD’s Pedro Martinez will deliver his first State of the District address to the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce. Highlighting the superintendent’s presentation will be the introduction of Blueprint for Excellence: Target 2020, the five-year plan to transform SAISD into a model district for urban school systems nationwide. The blueprint follows six months of focus and feedback from SAISD employees, parents, the community, business leaders and elected officials.
Jan. 11-14 — Free family fitness classes resume
5:15 p.m., unless otherwise stated, at the SAISD schools listed below.
Returning in time for those New Year’s resolutions is the popular Zumba dance fitness program. Classes are offered free to the community, and are in partnership with Health Collaborative, a local network of citizens, community organizations and businesses. Classes will run through May 9, excluding holidays. Upcoming sessions will be:
● Jan. 11 (Mon) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● Jan. 11 (Mon) – at Japhet Elementary, 314 Astor St., for the Highlands High School cluster
● Jan. 11 (Mon) – at Rhodes Middle School, 3000 Tampico St., for the Lanier High School cluster
● Jan. 12 (Tues) – at the Carvajal Early Childhood Center, 225 Arizona St., starting at 11:45 a.m.
● Jan. 12 (Tues) – at the Carroll Early Childhood Center, 463 Holmgreen Road, starting at 1:30 p.m.
● Jan. 12 (Tues) – at Page Middle School, 401 Berkshire Ave., for the Brackenridge High School cluster
● Jan. 12 (Tues) – at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
● Jan. 13 (Wed) – at Whittier Middle School, 2101 Edison Drive, for the Edison High School cluster
● Jan. 13 (Wed) – at the Young Men’s Leadership Academy, 545 S. W.W. White Road, for the Sam Houston High School cluster
● Jan. 14 (Thurs) – at the Tynan Early Childhood Center, 925 Gulf St., starting at 2:45 p.m.
● Jan. 14 (Thurs) – at the Knox Early Childhood Center, 302 Tipton St., starting at 3 p.m.
--- SAISD ---