¡Inscripciones están disponibles en línea para el año escolar 2018-19! Inscríbase hoy
Coming Attractions - January 15, 2016
Jan. 15, 2016
Jan. 18 (Mon) — Martin Luther King Jr. Day
All schools and most offices will be closed.
Jan. 19 (Tues) — School Board recognition reception and meeting
4:45 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
The contributions of SAISD’s hard-working and dedicated Trustees will be honored during a reception celebrating Texas School Board Recognition Month. The regularly scheduled monthly meeting B will follow.
Jan. 20 (Wed) — Magnet and In-District Charter Fair
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Alamo Convocation Center, 110 Tuleta Drive
Current 5th- and 8th-graders and their parents, as well as parents whose children will enter kindergarten next year, are invited to learn about the excellent educational opportunities available through SAISD’s specialized schools. All programs are designed to encourage and support students on the educational path that best fits their interests and needs, with magnets offering freshmen up to 45 hours of college credit by the time they graduate high school to provide a seamless transition to higher education. Enrollment is open to residents throughout Bexar County. For more information visit www.saisd.net..
Jan. 20 (Wed) — Open Mic Night
6:30 p.m. at Bonham Academy, 925 S. St. Mary’s St.
Middle school-level students will present their original poetry and prose compositions. with their parents, classmates from all grade levels and guests serving as audience members. This will include State Rep. Diego Bernal, who has been invited to speak at this celebration of literacy. Open Mic Night is a regular event at the Southtown-area campus.
Jan. 21-23 — Performance of ‘High School Musical’
7 p.m. at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
The school’s drama department will present this popular Disney teen romantic comedy. Ticket price is $7 in advance and $9 at the door.
Jan. 18-21 — Free family fitness classes
5:15 p.m., unless otherwise stated, at the SAISD schools listed below.
The popular Zumba dance fitness program is offered free to the community in partnership with Health Collaborative, a local network of citizens, community organizations and businesses. Classes will run through May 9, excluding holidays. Upcoming sessions will be:
● Jan. 18 (Mon) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● Jan. 18 (Mon) – at Japhet Elementary, 314 Astor St., for the Highlands High School cluster
● Jan. 18 (Mon) – at Rhodes Middle School, 3000 Tampico St., for the Lanier High School cluster
● Jan. 19 (Tues) – at the Carvajal Early Childhood Center, 225 Arizona St., starting at 11:45 a.m.
● Jan. 19 (Tues) – at the Carroll Childhood Center, 463 Holmgreen Road, starting at 1:30 p.m.
● Jan. 19 (Tues) – at Page Middle School, 401 Berkshire Ave., for the Brackenridge High School cluster
● Jan. 19 (Tues) – at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
● Jan. 20 (Wed) – at Whittier Middle School, 2101 Edison Drive, for the Edison High School cluster
● Jan. 20 (Wed) – at the Young Men’s Leadership Academy, 545 S. W.W. White Road, for the Sam Houston High School cluster
● Jan. 21 (Thurs) – at the Tynan Early Childhood Center, 925 Gulf St., starting at 2:45 p.m.
● Jan. 21 (Thurs) – at the Knox Early Childhood Center, 302 Tipton St., starting at 3 p.m.
--- SAISD ---