¡Inscripciones están disponibles en línea para el año escolar 2018-19! Inscríbase hoy
Coming Attractions - January 29, 2016
Jan. 29, 2016
Feb. 2 (Tues) — SAISD students to participate in City-Wide Job Shadow Day
Times and places listed below.
Middle- and high-schoolers Districtwide will be among teens throughout Bexar County having the opportunity to get a first-hand look at a variety of careers available throughout the area, and to learn about the education and skills required to succeed in the workplace. City-Wide Job Shadow Day is sponsored by SA Works and is offered in partnership with Junior Achievement. Times and locations for participating SAISD students will include:
● 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. at CPS Energy, 401 Villita St., for Rhodes Middle School students.
● 10:30 a.m. to noon at the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System, 333 N. Santa Rosa St., for Fox Tech High School Health Professions magnet students.
● 11 a.m.to 1 p.m. at the Rivercity Federal Credit Union, 610 Augusta St., for Lanier High School students.
Feb. 3 (Wed) — 100th-day of school celebration
2 to 3 p.m. at the Stewart Elementary gym, 1950 Rigsby Ave.
Highlighting the school’s observance will be a follies-style program presented by Principal Dr. Traci Smith and staff.
Feb. 1-4 — Free family fitness classes
5:15 p.m., unless otherwise stated, at the SAISD schools listed below.
The popular Zumba dance fitness program is offered free to the community in partnership with Health Collaborative, a local network of citizens, community organizations and businesses. Classes will run through May 9, excluding holidays. Upcoming sessions will be:
● Feb. 1 (Mon) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● Feb. 1 (Mon) – at Japhet Elementary, 314 Astor St., for the Highlands High School cluster
● Feb. 1 (Mon) – at Rhodes Middle School, 3000 Tampico St., for the Lanier High School cluster
● Feb. 2 (Tues) – at the Carvajal Early Childhood Center, 225 Arizona St., starting at 11:45 a.m.
● Feb. 2 (Tues) – at the Carroll Childhood Center, 463 Holmgreen Road, starting at 1:30 p.m.
● Feb. 2 (Tues) – at Page Middle School, 401 Berkshire Ave., for the Brackenridge High School cluster
● Feb. 2 (Tues) – at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
● Feb. 3 (Wed) – at Whittier Middle School, 2101 Edison Drive, for the Edison High School cluster
● Feb. 3 (Wed) – at the Young Men’s Leadership Academy, 545 S. W.W. White Road, for the Sam Houston High School cluster
● Feb. 4 (Thurs) – at the Tynan Early Childhood Center, 925 Gulf St., starting at 2:45 p.m.
● Feb. 4 (Thurs) – at the Knox Early Childhood Center, 302 Tipton St., starting at 3 p.m.
--- SAISD ---