SAISD Superintendent to host community meetings about blueprint
San Antonio ISD Superintendent Pedro Martinez will host eight community meetings, including one in Spanish, to outline the strategies and programs that the District will use to ensure that many more of SAISD’s 53,000 students are performing at higher levels.
The meetings, each to start at 6 p.m., will be held as follows:
- Monday, Feb. 8 at Sam Houston High School
- Wednesday, Feb. 10 at Jefferson High School
- Tuesday, Feb. 23 at Highlands High School
- Wednesday, Feb. 24 at Lanier High School
- Monday, Feb. 29 at Edison High School
- Wednesday, March 2 at Burbank High School
- Thursday, March 3 at Brackenridge High School
- Tuesday, March 8 at Whittier Middle School (in Spanish)
The strategies are laid out in the SAISD Blueprint for Excellence: Target 2020. Last fall, SAISD adopted 10 bold academic goals to achieve by the end of the 2019-2020 school year, and the blueprint explains how the District plans to do that.
Community members and employees are invited to attend one of the meetings to learn more about the blueprint and provide feedback.
To find more information about the 5-Year Plan to transform SAISD into a model school district for other urban school systems across the country, visit this designated page.