¡Inscripciones están disponibles en línea para el año escolar 2018-19! Inscríbase hoy
SAISD Superintendent to host community meetings about blueprint
SAISD superintendent to host series of community meetings to share blueprint for achieving academic goals
The SAISD community is invited to a series of community meetings starting next week where Superintendent Pedro Martinez will outline the strategies and programs the District will implement to significantly increase academic performance by 2020.
Each of the eight meetings will start at 6 p.m. and will be held as follows:
- Monday, Feb. 8 at Sam Houston High School, 4635 E. Houston St.
- Wednesday, Feb. 10 at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
- Tuesday, Feb. 23 at Highlands High School, 3118 Elgin Ave.
- Wednesday, Feb. 24 at Lanier High School, 1514 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd.
- Monday, Feb. 29 at Edison High School, 701 Santa Monica Drive
- Wednesday, March 2 at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
- Thursday, March 3 at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive
- Tuesday, March 8 at Whittier Middle School (in Spanish), 2101 Edison Drive
The blueprint is the result of six months of intense focus and represents the feedback and contributions of District staff, teachers, students, parents, community members, business leaders and elected officials – all of who play a critical role in the success of the efforts currently underway.
The round of meetings to begin Monday will focus on how the District plans to achieve the five-year goals – information that is outlined in the SAISD Blueprint for Excellence: Target 2020.