¡Inscripciones están disponibles en línea para el año escolar 2018-19! Inscríbase hoy
Coming Attractions - April 15, 2016
April 15, 2016
April 16 (Sat) — San Antonio Food Bank Farmer’s Market
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Sam Houston High School, 4635 E. Houston St.
The community is invited to shop for fresh fruits and veggies and enjoy samples of foods prepared as part of cooking demonstrations. This market, to take place every third Saturday of the month, is one of two to be held monthly at an SAISD East Side campus. The markets are offered in collaboration with the San Antonio Food Bank, SAISD and the Eastside Promise Neighborhood. The host campuses are among a half dozen EPN schools in an area supported through Promise Zone and other federal grants
April 21 (Thurs) — Annual ‘Eat Good & Feel Good’ Earth Day Health Fair
9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
The host school’s Health Professions Magnet and Environmental Club students are teaming up to present this event focusing on a healthy body and a healthy planet. The fair is free, open to the public and will offer health screenings for cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure and more and representatives from social and health service organizations will be available to answer questions and provide information. Participating organizations will include the Baptist Medical Center, Planet Fitness, San Antonio Central Public Library, San Antonio River Authority and Walgreens.
April 21 (Thurs) — Fourth Annual Pitch for the Cure
6:35 p.m. ceremony start, 7:15 p.m. game time, at the Mary Ann Villarreal Softball Complex, 1000 Edwards St., adjacent to Burbank High School
The lives of those who lost their battle with breast cancer will be honored at this event bringing awareness and funding to fight the disease. The evening will begin with a ceremony including a moment of silence and a pink-balloon launch. Each of the featured-match schools is asked to invite three breast cancer survivors to throw the first pitch. Proceeds from commemorative T-shirt sales will benefit WINGS, a non-profit organization that provides breast cancer treatment to uninsured South and Central Texas women. The featured matches will be: Burbank vs. Lanier; Brackenridge vs. Highlands; and Edison vs. Jefferson.
April 22 (Fri) — Battle of Flowers Parade Day
All District schools and most offices will be closed
April 18-21 — Free family fitness classes
5:15 p.m., unless otherwise stated, at the SAISD schools listed below.
The popular Zumba dance fitness program is offered free to the community in partnership with Health Collaborative, a local network of citizens, community organizations and businesses. Classes will run through May 9, excluding holidays. Upcoming sessions will be:
● April 18 (Mon) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● April 18 (Mon) – at Japhet Elementary, 314 Astor St., for the Highlands High School cluster
● April 18 (Mon) – at Rhodes Middle School, 3000 Tampico St., for the Lanier High School cluster
● April 19 (Tues) – at the Carvajal Early Childhood Center, 225 Arizona St., starting at 11:45 a.m.
● April 19 (Tues) – at the Carroll Childhood Center, 463 Holmgreen Road, starting at 1:30 p.m.
● April 19 (Tues) – at Page Middle School, 401 Berkshire Ave., for the Brackenridge High School cluster
● April 19 (Tues) – at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
● April 20 (Wed) – at Whittier Middle School, 2101 Edison Drive, for the Edison High School cluster
● April 20 (Wed) – at the Young Men’s Leadership Academy, 545 S. W.W. White Road, for the Sam Houston High School cluster
● April 21 (Thurs) – at the Tynan Early Childhood Center, 925 Gulf St., starting at 2:45 p.m.
● April 21 (Thurs) – at the Knox Early Childhood Center, 302 Tipton St., starting at 3 p.m.
-- SAISD ---