¡Inscripciones están disponibles en línea para el año escolar 2018-19! Inscríbase hoy
Coming Attractions - April 21, 2016
April 21, 2016
April 22 (Fri) — Battle of Flowers Parade Day
All District schools and most offices will be closed.
April 25 (Mon) — School Board Business Meeting B
6 p.m. at Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
April 26 (Tues) — Fourth-annual Sidney Lanier Poetry Festival
9 to 11 a.m. at Lanier High School, 1514 W. César E. Chávez Blvd.
Senior citizens from Good Samaritan Community Services will paint original works of art based on Lanier students’ poetry. The final creations and the poems will be auctioned off at the Community Poetry Showcase on May 12. This activity will conclude a month of events honoring the school’s namesake, American 19th-century poet Sidney Lanier, and National Poetry Month.
April 27 (Wed) — Edison Community Walk
6:30 p.m. at the Edison High School track, 701 Santa Monica Drive
Come join Principal Charles Muñoz in this yearly initiative to improve the health of Edison-area residents and all San Antonians. Participants also may take advantage of services and information to be offered by health care and service providers and the first 100 walkers will receive a free T-shirt.
April 28 (Thurs) — District Leadership Team meeting
4:45 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
SAISD’s District Leadership Team comprises parents, community and staff members who meet monthly to advise the school district on education goals and objectives
April 25-28 — Free family fitness classes
5:15 p.m., unless otherwise stated, at the SAISD schools listed below.
The popular Zumba dance fitness program is offered free to the community in partnership with Health Collaborative, a local network of citizens, community organizations and businesses. Classes will run through May 9, excluding holidays. Upcoming sessions will be:
● April 25 (Mon) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● April 25 (Mon) – at Japhet Elementary, 314 Astor St., for the Highlands High School cluster
● April 25 (Mon) – at Rhodes Middle School, 3000 Tampico St., for the Lanier High School cluster
● April 26 (Tues) – at the Carvajal Early Childhood Center, 225 Arizona St., starting at 11:45 a.m.
● April 26 (Tues) – at the Carroll Childhood Center, 463 Holmgreen Road, starting at 1:30 p.m.
● April 26 (Tues) – at Page Middle School, 401 Berkshire Ave., for the Brackenridge High School cluster
● April 26 (Tues) – at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
● April 27 (Wed) – at Whittier Middle School, 2101 Edison Drive, for the Edison High School cluster
● April 27 (Wed) – at the Young Men’s Leadership Academy, 545 S. W.W. White Road, for the Sam Houston High School cluster
● April 28 (Thurs) – at the Tynan Early Childhood Center, 925 Gulf St., starting at 2:45 p.m.
● April 28 (Thurs) – at the Knox Early Childhood Center, 302 Tipton St., starting at 3 p.m.
--- SAISD ---