Apply online for 2018-19 school year at https://saisdchoice.com/.
SAISD International Welcome Center
Located at: Pickett Academy
1931 E. Houston St.
San Antonio, Texas 78202
Hours of operation: 8:00AM - 4:30 PM
For testing appointments call, (210) 554-2592
Hours for testing: 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM
San Antonio ISD operates an International Welcome Center for new families to the District whose child or children are:
- Newcomer immigrant students who are within their first three years in U.S. schools.
- Students who are speakers of a language other than English and are within their first three years in U.S. schools (including transfer students from out-of- state schools).
After your initial visit to your child’s campus for registration, Center staff will be eager to meet you and ensure that:
- Students and their families have a positive welcoming experience to SAISD.
- New students entering SAISD are administered the oral language proficiency assessment (OLPT).
- Students and their families are provided with information about the bilingual/ESL programs offered in SAISD.
- Students and their families are provided with information about an array of District and community resources, including health and food services, student uniform assistance and ESL education for adults.
- Students and their families receive assistance in filling out any paperwork needed for registration into SAISD.
Parents will need to make appointments in advance from their home campus.
Source: Google Maps