¡Inscripciones están disponibles en línea para el año escolar 2018-19! Inscríbase hoy
SAISD to hold Bond and TRE community meetings
What: Host community meetings about the Nov. 8 Bond and Tax Ratification elections
When: Sept. 21 through Oct. 19
Where: Eight District schools (locations and dates below)
The public is invited to learn about SAISD’s Nov. 8 Bond 2016 and Tax Ratification proposals. Information will be presented by the superintendent and the School Board member who represents the host site’s Trustee district. Attendees also will have the opportunity to ask questions.
Up for voter consideration are a $450 million bond to fund extensive renovations at 13 schools and a TRE, which would assist the District in creating 21st-century classrooms Districtwide and expanded learning opportunities outside the normal school day.
The community meetings will be:
· Wednesday, Sept. 21, 7 p.m., Edison High School, 701 Santa Monica
· Tuesday, Sept. 27, 6 p.m., Sam Houston High School, 4635 E. Houston St.
· Wednesday, Sept. 28, 6 p.m. Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive
· Monday, Oct. 3, 7 p.m., Highland Hills Elementary School, 734 Glamis Ave. (in conjunction with Highland Hills Neighborhood Association)
· Tuesday, Oct. 11, 6 p.m., Lanier High School, 1514 W. César E. Chávez Blvd.
· Wednesday, Oct. 12, 6 p.m., Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave. (in conjunction with Jefferson Educational Leadership Council meeting)
· Thursday, Oct. 13, 6 p.m., Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
· Wednesday, Oct. 19, 6 p.m., Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
--- SAISD ----