¡Inscripciones están disponibles en línea para el año escolar 2018-19! Inscríbase hoy
SAISD Parent Summit to be held Oct. 27 – register now!
Spring 2016 Parent Summit
SAISD invites parents, our most valued partners, to join us for an opportunity to support their child’s academic achievement by participating in our semi-annual conference-style event:
You can register through Oct. 7 with your school’s Parent & Family Liaison. The receptionist at your school’s main office will be happy to connect you with the liaison.
Spanish translation will be available for all sessions and limited childcare will be available for children ages 2 to 4.
Event highlights include:
- Interactive college-prep sessions
- College and community resource information
- Presentations by parents
- Presentation by national Milken Educator award winner Laura Servin, who will discuss goal-setting between parent and child
- Certificate of Attendance
- University Health System’s Mobile Mammography unit on site. Get details.
- Breakfast and lunch
8 a.m.-9 a.m.
11 a.m.- 11:55 a.m.
11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Parking will be available at the Sunset Station parking lot, Staybridge Suites Parking lot, and at the Parking lot across the street from Sunset Station, next to the haunted house. No fee required for any of those.
- Two shuttles will be available at the A.C.C. Alamo Stadium 110 Tuleta, Drive San Antonio, 78212. Shuttles begin at 7:30 thru 9:30 and will be available throughout the day, until the closing at 2pm. Parents may park their vehicles and be shuttled to Sunset Station.
- Carpooling is encouraged.
- All sessions will have Spanish translation available.
- Childcare will be available, but it is limited. Please pre-register your child to ensure availability. Only children ages 2-4 years old will be accepted. Staff will not change diapers. Parents will be asked to come to childcare room to ensure proper handling of changes. Please plan accordingly. If children have allergies, they will need to bring in their own lunch.
- Parent MUST bring a picture ID. Picture ID required for child care pick up and translation devices.