¡Inscripciones están disponibles en línea para el año escolar 2018-19! Inscríbase hoy
Testing Coordinator Resources - Supplemental Aids
- Assessment Info
- Coordinator Resources
- Online Resources
- Parent & Student Information
- Campus Testing Coordinators
Related Departments & Programs
Description of Accommodation
Supplemental aids are paper-based resources that assist a student in recalling information.
For a student who meets the eligibility criteria, this accommodation may be used on
- STAAR Spanish
Student Eligibility Criteria
A student may use this accommodation if
- instructional and assessment decisions are made by an LPAC, Section 504 committee, or ARD committee, and
- he or she routinely, independently, and effectively uses this accommodation during classroom instruction and classroom testing.
Authority for Decision and Required Documentation
- For a student who is an ELL, the decision is made by the LPAC based on the eligibility criteria and is documented in the student’s permanent record file.
- For a student receiving Section 504 services, the decision is made by the Section 504 committee based on the eligibility criteria and is documented in the student’s IAP.
- For a student receiving special education services, the decision is made by the ARD committee based on the eligibility criteria and is documented in the student’s IEP.
- In the case of an ELL with a disability, the decision is made by the applicable group above in conjunction with the student’s LPAC. The decision is to be documented by the LPAC in the student’s permanent record file and by the other applicable group, as described above.
- After state testing, GA must be recorded in the ACCOMM. field on the student’s answer document or in the Texas Assessment Management System for online administrations. This indicates that an allowable general accommodation was made available to the student.
District Approved Supplemental Aids