Attendance Support Resources - When is a child to sick for School
Graduate! Avoid the temptation of Dropping Out! Let us help you.
Attendance Support Resources
➢ Texas Truancy and Attendance Laws
Call-A-Nurse for Children
SEND ME TO SCHOOL IF………
1. I have a runny nose or just a little cough but no other symptoms.
2. I haven’t taken any fever reducing medicine for 24 hours and I haven’t
had a fever during that time.
3. I haven’t thrown up or had any diarrhea for 24 hours.
4. I have only mild ear pain.
DON'T SEND ME TO SCHOOL IF………
1. I have a serious cough, especially with breathing problems.
2. I have a temperature higher than 100.4 – Your child can return school when
he or had no fever (100.4 F or greater) for 24 hours without medication
(Tylenol, Advil, etc.)
3. I’m still throwing up or have diarrhea.
4. My eyes are pink and crusty.
CALL THE DOCTOR/CLINIC IF………
1. I have a temperature higher than 99.6 degrees for more than 2 days
2. I’ve been throwing up or have diarrhea from more than 2 days
3. I’ve had a running nose for more than a week and I am not getting better
4. I still have asthma symptoms after using my asthma medicine. (Call 911
if I’m having trouble breathing after using an inhaler)