Applicants sought to fill SAISD Board vacancy for District 6
The SAISD Board is inviting qualified residents in District 6 who would like to serve as a Trustee to submit by noon Friday, March 10, 2017:
- an application (available at www.saisd.net)
- proof of residency (driver’s license and voter registration card)
Applications are to be submitted to the Office of Board Services located at 141 Lavaca or the Governmental & Community Relations Department at the Cooper Annex, 1700 Tampico.
On March 20 the Board will receive an update on the number of applicants so that the Board can determine interviews to be scheduled in open session.
A qualified resident:
- Must be 18 years of age or older, a registered voter and U.S. citizen
- Has lived in Texas at least one year and in District 6 for at least six months
- Has not been convicted of a felony, or if so convicted:
- Has fully discharged the sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole or supervision
- Has completed a period of probation ordered by the court
- Has been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote
- Has not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court
The person selected will serve the unexpired District 6 term that runs until May 2019 when elections will be held.
District 6 includes Edison High School, Twain and Whittier middle schools, Advanced Learning Academy (Euclid campus) and the elementary schools Arnold, Beacon Hill, Cotton, Franklin, Neal, Rogers and Wilson.