Highlands to celebrate vast renovations
What: Highlands High School reception to celebrate the $65 million in renovations across the campus
When: Monday, May 1, 5-7 p.m.
Where: Highlands High School, 3118 Elgin Ave.
Highlands High School students, parents and community members are invited to a reception to celebrate the vast renovations made to the campus.
Highlands was the most extensive of the SAISD Bond 2010 projects, and construction was done in phases to minimize disruption to staff and students. The new 3-story main classroom building was completed summer of 2015. The final phase - now ready for viewing - included the new 2-story building to house the fine arts programs and auditorium, as well as a new ROTC center and college-ready Go Center.
Attendees will have the opportunity to tour the facility and see first-hand the $65 million in renovations that modernized the school.
Renovation highlights include:
· New 2-story building to house the fine arts programs including state-of-the-art kiln with staging areas for prep work, and performance areas
for musical and theater arts students.
· Refurbished auditorium to seat just under 1,000. The two-story area is equipped with cutting-edge lighting and sound features, and has
ample room for special needs accommodations on both levels.
· New ROTC center with ample room to educate and train leaders.
· New Dance Center for the Owls dance and spirit teams which opens to the back fields for easy access for outdoor practice.
· Go Center for college readiness equipped with technology and resources.
· Prominent and welcoming main campus entrance, with glass entry space overlooking a courtyard.
· 3-story building with larger classrooms, including those for Career and Technology Education, as well as science labs and 21st century library.
--- SAISD ----