Apply online for 2018-19 school year at https://saisdchoice.com/.
Coming Attractions - July 28, 2017
July 28, 2017
July 31 (Mon) — Rising Star New Teacher Luncheon
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the cafeteria at Tafolla Middle School, 1303 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd.
This luncheon will kick off a four-day orientation for SAISD teachers new to the profession as well as for new-teacher hires. During the course of the conference, these educators will learn the most effective means of instructing students and classroom management, as well as about available resources and support systems.
July 31 and Aug. 1 — Meet the Principal nights
At the times and locations below.
These events will provide opportunities to introduce new principals at the District’s traditional high schools to the community. Providing the formal introductions will be Superintendent Pedro Martinez and the SAISD Trustee representing the respective high school. Upcoming Meet the Principal nights will be:
• July 31 (Mon) - 5:45 p.m. at the Highlands High School library, 3118 Elgin Ave. – The Owl community will welcome new Principal Dr. Julio Garcia.
• Aug. 1 (Tues) - 6 p.m. at the Sam Houston High School auditorium, 4635 E. Houston St. – Welcoming new Principal Dr. Diop Mateen will be the Hurricane community.
Aug. 2 (Wed) — Citywide 2017 Fit Family Challenge
5:15 p.m. at Rogers Elementary, 620 McIlvaine St.
Rogers is one of the city’s eight host sites for this annual 12-week program featuring fun fitness activities aimed at motivating families to break away from a sedentary lifestyle. The 2017 Fit Family Challenge is presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas and organized by San Antonio Sports.
Ongoing thru Aug. 4 — Kinder Prep Camp*
8 a.m. to 2 p.m. weekdays (except Thursday, which is field trip day from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.) at the addresses listed below
Children entering kindergarten have the opportunity to meet their teachers, explore their campus, prepare for the upcoming school year and enjoy field trips. The camp is offered in affiliation with the Eastside Promise Neighborhood and the Wheatley Community School for East Point San Antonio, a four-mile section of the city supported by federal grants. The participating schools are:
● Bowden Elementary School, 515 Willow St.
● Pershing Elementary School, 600 Sandmeyer St.
● Washington Elementary School, 1823 Nolan St.
* NOTE TO MEDIA – Please contact the SAISD Communications Department to coordinate summer program coverage.