Coming Attractions November 20, 2009
November 20, 2009
Nov. 23 (Mon) – State Farm Third Annual Good Neighbor Turkey Giveaway
10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
Five thousand free turkeys will be distributed courtesy of State Farm Insurance in partnership with the host school, SAISD, H-E-B, the San Antonio Spurs and the Ce Group marketing.
Nov. 23-27 — Thanksgiving holiday
All schools and most offices will be closed this week and re-open Monday, Nov. 30.
Nov. 30 (Mon) — Textbook public hearing
4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
Citizens may voice their opinions on some of the learning materials students will use next school year. After receiving input from parents, teachers and the community, textbook committee members will make their recommendations for Trustee approval in January.
Dec. 1 (Tue) — Excellence in Education awards announcement
10 a.m. at Rhodes Middle School, 3000 Tampico St.
The spring 2010 semester beneficiaries of the Excellence in Education Grant Program will be announced. Each year the San Antonio Foundation for Excellence in Education provides up to $5,000 in grants to SAISD educators to fund innovative instructional activities in support of District goals.
Dec. 3 (Thurs) — 115th anniversary celebration
1:30 p.m. at Crockett Elementary School, 2215 Morales St.
The West Side community is invited to join festivities commemorating “115 Years of Academic Excellence in Education.”
Dec. 4 (Fri) — SAISD Council of PTAs Christmas social
6:30 p.m. at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
The final regular monthly meeting of PTA chapter representatives for 2009 will feature student holiday performances.
--- SAISD ---
- KABB: Gardening project in partnership with UIW at Carroll ECEC
- Rivard Report: Inner City School Success: San Antonio’s Best-Kept Secret
- MySA: SAISD students sing for bus drivers
- WOAI: SAISD newly-appointed superintendent, "this is very heartfelt"
- KSAT: Edison High School holds mock disaster drill
- KABB: SAISD student becomes first to win national Scholastic All-Star award
- Express-News: Jefferson's Lassos school team is tied to a proud school history