The SAISD Child Nutrition Services Department requires that the Special Diet Form (click on link above) must be completed for any student requiring dietary modifications. It is recommended that an updated Special Diet Form is completed and submitted every school year. With regards to the modifications, the SAISD Child Nutrition Services Department follows Federal and State guidelines and will make every attempt to reasonably accommodate students with special dietary needs. See below for the instructions on how to complete and submit this form. Also, for more information, read the attached sheet with the form or call (210) 554-2290.
Instructions for completing Special Diet Form:
- Take the Special Diet Form to a licensed physician/medical authority to be completed.
- Once completed, turn in the form to the campus nurse or fax directly to the Child Nutrition Services Department (210) 228-3156.
- If the dietary restrictions need to be changed or stopped during the year, a new form must be completed by a licensed physician/medical authority.
- Please notify the Child Nutrition Services Department if your child transfers to another school within the district.
- Once the form is received it will be reviewed by the Child Nutrition Services Department Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist.