Brackenridge High School 100-year rededication ceremony
What: Brackenridge High School 100-year rededication ceremonyWho: Brackenridge and Wheatley high school alumni
Brackenridge faculty, staff and students including:
· Principal Yesenia Cordova
· Student Council President Jesus Mancha
· Alumni Association President Letie WawrzyniakWhen: Nov. 1 (Wednesday) – from 8 to 9 a.m.
Where: Brackenridge High School mall area
400 Eagleland Dr., 78210
San Antonio ISD’s Brackenridge High School is rededicating its campus 100 years to the day of its first dedication. The initial dedication of Brackenridge High School was held Nov. 1, 1917.
A ribbon cutting and unveiling of a banner will kick off the event in the mall area.
Students are major participants in the ceremony:
- Print Shop students created the rededication banner.
- Student Council President Jesus Mancha will read a brief history on Brackenridge High School.
- The marching band, mariachi group and JROTC will perform.
- Art students will decorate the mall with their papel picado, a Mexican folk art, creations.
- Culinary students will prepare the refreshments.
- Media & Film students will document the event.
Alumni of both Brackenridge and Wheatley high schools also will be in attendance. In 1974, Brackenridge High School was renamed Phillis Wheatley High School. The school returned to the Brackenridge name in 1988.