Coming Attractions - February 9, 2018
Feb. 9, 2018
Feb. 12 (Mon) — School Board meeting A
5:30 at the Burnet Center, 406 Barrera St.
Feb. 15 (Thurs) — SAISD District Leadership Team meeting
4:45 p.m. at the Pickett Center, 1933 E. Houston St.
The DLT comprises parents, community and staff members who meet monthly to advise the school district on education goals and objectives.
Feb. 16 (Fri) — SAISD State of the District
7:30 a.m. check-in. Program from 8 to 9 a.m. at the Pearl Stable, 307 Pearl Parkway
Superintendent Pedro Martinez will deliver his third State of the District address to the business community. The event is put on in partnership with the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce, the San Antonio Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and the SAISD Foundation.
Free family fitness classes
Feb. 12-15 — 5:30 p.m. (unless otherwise noted) at the SAISD schools listed below.
The popular Zumba dance fitness program classes are free and offered in partnership with Health Collaborative, a local network of citizens, community organizations and businesses. Upcoming sessions will be:
- Feb. 12 (Mon) – at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
- Feb. 12 (Mon) – 4:30 p.m. at Rhodes Middle School, 3000 Tampico St. (Note different time)
- Feb. 13 (Tues) – at Young Women’s Leadership Academy, 2123 W. Huisache Ave.
- Feb. 14 (Wed) – at Whittier Middle School, 2101 Edison Drive
- Feb. 15 (Thurs) – at Herff Elementary, 996 S. Hackberry St.
--- SAISD ----