Coming Attractions - November 30, 2018
Nov. 30, 2018
Dec. 1 (Sat) – Experience SAISD
10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Freeman Coliseum Expo Hall, 3201 E. Houston St.
In a festival-like atmosphere, San Antonio ISD will host its second annual Districtwide showcase to highlight the full range of school options available to students. Families will be able to explore more than 90 schools, programs and departments, while also enjoying student performances, interactive demonstrations, games and giveaways. The first 500 families will receive a special gift.
Dec. 4 (Tues) – SAISD-SARA Public Meeting
5:30 p.m. at Fox Tech High School, Cafeteria, 637 N. Main Ave.
San Antonio ISD and the San Antonio River Authority (SARA) will host a community meeting to review the site plans for the District's future administration building and how they align with the San Pedro Creek improvements and the proposed Cameron and Kingsbury Street work.
Dec. 4-7 (Tues-Fri) – SAISD Choice School and Program Information Sessions
At the schools listed below.
The application period for San Antonio ISD’s specialized schools and magnet programs is under underway for the 2019-20 school year. Applications are being accepted through Feb. 8, 2019. These Choice Schools and Programs, which are designed to best fit individual interests, are open to students across Bexar County. An application is required for admission, and students are selected based on a lottery system. Interested parents and students may learn more at the following sessions.
● Dec. 4 (Tues) – 4:15-5:15 p.m., Advanced Learning Academy at Euclid, 621 W. Euclid Ave.
● Dec. 4 (Tues) – 5-6 p.m., Cyber P-TECH at Sam Houston High School, Cafeteria, 4635 E. Houston St.
● Dec. 5 (Wed) – 9-11 a.m., CAST Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
● Dec. 5 (Wed) – 5-6 p.m., Districtwide session, Cooper Learning Center, 1700 Tampico St.
● Dec. 6 (Thurs) – 6-7 p.m., Young Women’s Leadership Academy, 2123 W. Huisache Ave.-Spanish session
● Dec. 7 (Fri) – 6-7 p.m., Travis Early College High School, 1915 N. Main St.
Dec. 6-7 (Thurs, Fri) – Hairspray Jr. musical
7 p.m. both nights at Lanier High School, Auditorium, 1514 W. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd.
Four high school theatre departments collaborated to produce Hairspray Jr. for a four-week run, with each high school hosting the production for two nights. This week’s performances will be held at Lanier High School. Future performances will be held at Brackenridge and Edison high schools. Advance tickets are $6, and tickets at the door are $8.
Dec. 3-6 – Free family fitness classes
Evenings at the SAISD schools listed below.
The popular Zumba dance fitness program classes are free and offered in partnership with Health Collaborative, a local network of citizens, community organizations and businesses. Upcoming sessions will be:
● Dec. 3 (Mon) – 5:30 p.m. at Burbank High School, 1002 Edwards St.
● Dec. 5 (Wed) – 5:30 p.m. at Rogers Academy, 620 McIlvaine St.
● Dec. 6 (Thurs) – 5:45 p.m. at Herff Academy, 996 S. Hackberry St.
--- SAISD ----