Coming Attractions March 26, 2010
March 27 (Sat) — Flea market
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Bonham Academy, 925 S. St. Mary’s St.
Proceeds from this PTA-sponsored event will fund school projects.
March 27 (Sat) — Dreamgirls prom dress giveaway
1 to 5 p.m. at the Guadalupe Community Center, 1801 W. Durango Blvd.
Lanier High School students who may not otherwise attend their prom because they cannot afford the necessary wardrobe now will be able to, thanks to donations of new and gently-used dresses and accessories collected by members of the school’s Parent Involvement Department, who began the giveaway in 2007. They are joined this year in sponsorship by the host site. Participants also will have the opportunity to enter a prom dinner raffle.
March 27 (Sat) — ‘Shake ‘n’ Skate Night
6 to 8 p.m. at Car-Vel Skateland South, 2351 Goliad Road
SAISD students and their families are invited to enjoy an evening of roller skating while supporting a worthy cause. Proceeds from the $8 per person price of admission will benefit the District’s Fine Arts in Education Coalition’s scholarship program.
March 29 (Mon) — Special-called School Board meeting
5:30 p.m. at the Burnet Center, 401 Barrera St.
Trustees will be presented an update on SAISD’s long-range restructuring plan process, including the results of a public opinion survey, and will discuss the next steps.
March 31 (Wed) — Visit from the Spurs
8:15 a.m. at Crockett Elementary School, 2215 Morales St.
9:10 a.m. at Herff Elementary School, 996 S. Hackberry St.
9:45 a.m. at Cameron Elementary School, 3635 Belgium Lane
Members of San Antonio’s NBA team will encourage students to value their education.
March 31 (Wed) — SAISD students to attend San Antonio Business Hall of Fame induction
6:30 p.m. at the Marriott Rivercenter Hotel, 101 Bowie St.
Based upon their successful auditions, De Zavala Elementary 4th-graders Timothy Jimenez and Gabriela Rodriguez will represent SAISD as two of only six San Antonio Junior Achievement students at this ceremony honoring adult inductees for 2010. The annual San Antonio Business Hall of Fame is sponsored by Junior Achievement of South Texas, an organization that partners with businesses and schools to offer students real-world lessons in economics.
April 2 (Fri) — Good Friday
All District schools and most offices will be closed.
April 3 (Sat) — 2010 NCAA Youth Clinics hydrated by Glaceau vitaminwater® revive
8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Sam Houston High School, 4635 East Houston St.
SAISD’s East Side high school will be one of two host sites for clinics held in conjunction with the weekend’s NCAA Women’s Final Four basketball competition at the Alamodome. Through this community outreach opportunity, boys and girls aged 8 to 16 can learn from NCAA coaches and college-student athletes about fitness, healthy lifestyles, sportsmanship, recruiting, and eligibility.
- March 10 20 - March 14 20 Holiday - Spring Break
- March 12 20 | 01:30 PM Campus makeover and cookout
- March 17 20 | 05:30 PM School Board meeting
- March 19 20 | 05:30 PM Open house for all-new Cameron
- March 20 20 | 08:00 AM SAISD Foundation School Breakfast Showcase
- March 20 20 | 06:30 PM Community health fair
- March 26 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- March 29 20 | 08:30 AM Run 4Education
- April 18 20 Holiday - Good Friday
- April 25 20 Holiday - Battle of Flowers
- April 30 20 | 04:45 PM District Leadership Team (DLT) meeting
- May 26 20 Holiday - Memorial Day
- June 05 20 Last Day of School
- August 13 20 - August 15 20 Staff Development
- August 18 20 - August 19 20 Teacher Workdays
- August 20 20 - August 22 20 Staff Development
- August 25 20 First Day of School
- September 01 20 Holiday - Labor Day
- October 20 20 - October 23 20 State Testing Dates
- October 24 20 End of 1st Nine Weeks