Apply online for 2018-19 school year at https://saisdchoice.com/.
- Jump Start Your Summer AND GEAR UP for High School
- June 24 13 - June 27 13
Jump Start Your Summer AND GEAR UP for High School
Times and locations of upcoming activities listed below.
● June 24-26, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Trip to Mitchell Lake Audubon Center, 10750 Pleasanton Road. Lessons in rainwater and gray water harvesting will be presented at this 1,200-acre bird haven.
● June 24, 26 and 27, approximately 10:30 a.m. Geekbus tour. A vehicle that’s been compared to a souped up high-tech bookmobile for today’s tech savvy students will provide students opportunities to preview careers they may someday consider in technology and entrepreneurship. Geekbus visit sponsor is Rackspace, a locally-based IT-hosting company. Dates and locations are:
- June 24 (Mon) at Jefferson High School, 723 Donaldson Ave.
- June 26 (Wed) at Fox Tech High School, 637 N. Main Ave.
- June 27 (Thurs) at Brackenridge High School, 400 Eagleland Drive
● June 24-27, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Visit to Café College, 131 El Paso St. Students will receive tools to become higher education experts and leaders at their campus. They are charged with spreading the word about the importance of pursuing higher education and career goals, along with the college knowledge to complete their journey.
● June 26, 9 to 10 a.m. at the San Antonio Food Bank, 5200 W. Old US Highway 90. Edison High School students will be the latest GEAR UP participants to bring donations they collected and tour the facility. This activity completes their first of many service hours projects for college and is part of a freshman year plan they are developing for service projects that can be adopted by the class of 2017.
EventList powered by schlu.net