CONGRATULATIONS !YOU ARE NOW ON YOUR WAY
As a Junior it is a good idea to get a heads up on what you
will be facing your Senior year.
IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO KNOW
1. Understand College admissions and what you need to send the ollege admissions counselor.
2. Research colleges of interest, both public and private.
3. Research scholarships.
4. Prepare and Take the ACT and SAT. (test preparation
web site is www.CollegeForTexans.com
5. Determine if you need to retake the ACT and SAT
in the 12th grade.
6. Keep a good relationship with teachers. Keeping in mind
that you will need to have letters of reference written.
7. Explore topics for college application essays.
8. STUDY! STUDY! STUDY!
9. Know your GPA. Work on weak spots.
10. After colleges look at your cumulative GPA they focus
on your Junior and Senior year grades and courses and the
degree difficulty of your courses. Visit your counselor and
discuss where your course of study stands.
11. Study for and take AP exams.
12. Consider who you would like to ask for letters of recommendations..
Be sure you choose people who for recommendations know you and what your goals are.
|UNDERSTANDING THE PROCESS
Keep a log and a Calendar
Now is the time to get all the leg work done so your senior year
will proceed smoothly and be more enjoyable.
Get familar with
*Financial aid applications
*College admission applications,
*College enterence qualificaitions
*Highly selective colleges,
*Open admissions Colleges.
*Community Colleges (2 year).
*Narrow your college choices
The more familiar you are with the paper work the easier it will
be to complete it successfully when you are a senior.
*There are numerous scholarship search sites.
*Some scholarships all you need to do is apply
*It is well worth your time to pursue this avenue.
*Some scholarships require you to write an essay.
*Let instructors, and fellow student who's opinion your value
read your essays and ask for honest feedback.
*There are also Scholarships that are
Have all the knowledge about applications and the process of
selection you can find. It will leave more time for you to enjoy
your very busy Senior year .
In the career GO CENTER you can
*Take practice SAT and ACT test
*Get familiar with the FASA
Take advantage of the practice testing. The more prepared
you are the better your score will be, and with that the more
choice college choices you will have.